Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Exercises for New Developers

Over the course of my career, I have needed to guide newer developers learning either general programming practices or a specific topic. I usually have the developer work through a sample project with some specific instructions intended to push that person along a path. I was recently asked to find my notes from one of these exercises to share with another individual. Instead of just emailing the instructions, I wanted to capture them more permanently.

These write-ups are not very detailed. They are written with the assumption that a more experienced programmer is "administering" the exercise to someone, so the instructions are more like teacher's notes. The only comparison I can come up with are the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola. He wrote a manual of sorts for spiritual directors to guide retreatants through spiritual "exercises" to improve their relationship with God.

As I write up these exercises, I will link them here.


Calculator Project

No comments:

Post a Comment